DASCO Equipment was incorporated in August of 1987, and has been the only authorized representative & distributor in Canada for RD Instruments – now Teledyne RD Instruments – Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers since that time!
DASCO Equipment was incorporated by, and is owned by
David A. Stewart, P. Eng. (Civil, 1974, TUNS), with the primary location at:
240 Fitzroy St., Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, C1A 1S7
For the Prince Edward Island Location:
David Stewart, P. Eng. – President
- 7 years experience with Esso Resources (Edmonton, AB) Field Services and Drilling Engineering in Engineering Design and Project Management.
- 1 year experience in Engineering Sales & Project Management with Hill-Peck Controls, Canadian affiliate of the Ross Hill Corporation, in SCR-DC Marine Propulsion Control applications.
- 5 years experience in Technical Sales with T. Thompson Ltd., a B.C. Based Manufacturer’s Representative in Marine and Oceanographic Equipment, as East Coast office manager.
- 29 years experience in Technical & Engineering Sales, Service & Support as President & Owner of DASCO Equipment Inc.
Daniel C. Stewart – Vice President & Director, Field Services
Daniel Stewart has been working with DASCO for 14 years, with specialization in the operation and maintenance of all of DASCO’s rental/demo equipment, including a variety of acoustic technology and associated deployment accessories:
- maintenance of all ADCP, ROV, Sonar, and other DASCO rental/demo products
- multiple Principal training in Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- extensive technology field operation expertise
Blaine Carr – Director, Technical Services
With 30 years of civil and electronics engineering background Mr. Carr has been employed around the world on various projects, from pipeline and cable lay to 2D high resolution hazard and site surveys. Specialties include remote data acquisition, geophysical and hydrographic mapping, ROV and geotechnical investigations as well as disaster recovery for TSB. Mr. Carr has also participated in several R&D projects for the offshore marine science community, with contributions towards seismic array, USV, and underwater camera system development.
Cindy Stone – Office Manager
Cindy has been with DASCO Equipment Inc. for 13 years, and is our Office Manager as well as our Subconn Underwater Connector quotation specialist.
Cindy came to DASCO with Office Management and Financial experience from both mechanical contractors and engineering consulting firms in the Charlottetown area.
Sarah Outram – Accounts Manager, Sales & Marketing Sarah worked part-time with DASCO for over four years. As an experienced worker in the fields of communication and marketing, she began her full-time position here in Spring 2017 after completing her BSc. in Environmental Sciences.
For the Nova Scotia Location:
Matthew Davis – Director, Sales & Business Development
Matthew Davis has acquired over 10 years of domestic and international technical sales support, contract management and senior leadership roles within and throughout Canada.
- Over 10 years’ experience as a Senior Manager of Contract Management and Regional Business Development for a leading industrial and technical services providers.
- Over 5 years of management, sales and technical support experience of acoustic products and oceanographic instrumentation from a local Dartmouth ocean technology supplier
- Manufacturer trained by multiple suppliers on standard maintenance procedures on a variety of instruments and sensors.
- Advanced Diploma in International Business and Management.
Murray Scotney – Technical Advisor, Ocean Science Systems
Murray has more than 40 years’ experience with the Fisheries & Oceans Canada, Bedford Institute of Oceanography, in oceanographic applications, instrumentation, mooring design, deployments & recovery, project management, and also in data acquisition and analysis – extensively with Teledyne Benthos acoustic release and modem technology, and Teledyne RD Instruments Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers.
Ray Burke – Technical Advisor, Vessel & Survey Systems
With 30 years of seismic survey and electronics engineering background Ray Burke has been employed around the world on survey and offshore projects. Specialties include:
- geophysical and hydrographic mapping systems
- vessel instrumentation installation and maintenance