An upward-looking sonar device, mounted on the ocean floor to accurately measure ice draft.
When you need to:
- Estimate ice forces for design and operational planning
- Determine the extreme thickness of ice for pipeline installations
- Examine in detail the underside of sea-ice
- Understand the dynamics and thermodynamics of the sea ice regime for scientific research.
- Climate change studies
You can count on the Ice Profiling Sonar (IPS)™, for reliable accurate measurements of ice thickness and keel drafts.
- Operating frequency 420 kHz
- Half-beam width 0.9 degrees
- Sampling rate up to 2 Hz
- Range 175 m
- Standard 8 GB Compact Flash
- Optional up to 16 GB Compact Flash
- 0.17m diameter x 1.0m length