The standard NET Series design uses rugged stainless steel connector bodies with a naval bronze engaging nut. The use of metal key and Acme threads on the mating interface allows for easy mating and un-mating of the connectors, no matter where they are located. In addition to the contact spacing, which is optimized for this application, one of the keys to achieving the 1 Gbit/s transmission rates is in the unique terminations for both the cable and bulkhead connectors. These cable terminations can be performed at a number of the Teledyne Oil & Gas worldwide manufacturing and support locations.
Extensive qualification testing was performed on the assemblies to verify the transmission rates at pressures up to 10,000psi. If requested, each assembly can be hydrostatically tested and the transmission rate verified under pressure prior to shipping.
- The NET Series Metal Shell Ethernet Connectors are certified for 1Gbit/s subsea data transmission
- The standard NET Series design uses rugged stainless steel connector bodies with a naval bronze engaging nut; although a wide range of other alloys are available, if required.
- Impulse NET connectors are the best available solution for subsea Ethernet applications where high performance and high reliability are essential.
- The NET Series was custom engineered to maximize the data transmission rates possible from this compact design.
- Compact size and cost effective