The Oceanscience Q-Boat® 1800RP is designed to offer a reliable, high specification remotely-controlled platform for the deployment of popular acoustic Doppler current profilers from any of the major instrument manufacturers. Made of high-impact UV resistant ABS, the Q-Boat 1800RP features twin high power outdrives to give a 5 m/s (16 fps) top speed with the security of two engines.
The flexible propulsion system allows the Q-Boat 1800RP to be equally effective at very low velocities (30 cm/s), providing a total solution to river discharge measurement. Ready for GPS and Oceanscience Hydrolink radio modems, the Q-Boat 1800RP is available with an optional extended range remote control system that allows control at over 750m distance.
- Designed for deployment in flood conditions
- Over 4 m/s (13ft/s) cruising speed
- User configurable control modes for varied conditions
- Available for all common acoustic Doppler current profilers
- Reduce survey time
- No personnel in or over the water
- Real time data to shore laptop
- Fast single or dual-person mobilization
- Not restricted to bridges or taglines