Designed with unmanned and remotely operated vehicles in mind, the Pioneer DVLs are available in 150kHz and 38kHz options. These powerful DVLs can be leveraged for surface and subsurface manned and unmanned vessels. Utilizing state-of-the-art electronics, Pioneer DVLs provide an array of advanced internal sensors and offer expanded connectivity with external sensors, while minimizing overall power consumption.
The Pioneer DVLs combine Teledyne RDIs proven bottom detection algorithms and single ping bottom location accuracy with its broadband velocity processing technology, providing users with highly reliable precision velocity data for navigation and position processing, even over indeterminate terrain. Pioneer DVLs are available in self-contained and remote head configurations.
- Phased Array transducers deliver enhanced position accuracy at a reduced size, eliminates the need for speed of sound correction, and reduces susceptibility to biofouling
- Bottom-tracking capability for deep water operations
- Compact size
- Multiple communications channels
- Self-contained or remote-head options
- Advanced AHRS IMU for accurate vehicle attitude correction
- Leak detection and monitoring
- Transducer and system health monitoring
- New optional XRT (Extended Range Tracking) delivers up to a 60% increase in bottom tracking range
- Upgradable to include ADCP capability
- Dynamic commands capability allows command changes during operation without the need to stop the ping cycle or operation of the DVL
- Bottom-track high resolution velocity and navigation parameters data blocks aid in the velocity measurement resolution and quality information for use in an Ex-tended Kalman Filter (EKF) Inertial Navigation System (INS) solution
- Time of validity output provides highly accurate coupling with an INS further improving resulting DVL aided INS position accuracy
- Low latency trigger mitigates interference with other SONARs