With HydroPACT 660E Teledyne Marine brings the world’s smallest submarine, pulse induction pipe tracker to market. Built upon the already established, industry standard and world leading TSS HydroPACT 440 system, the HydroPACT 660E continues the legacy by bringing pipe tracking and UXO detection capabilities to small inspection and observation class ROVs, for applications that were previously only available on larger vehicles such as work class ROVs and trenchers.
The HydroPACT 660E has a single 24 Vdc, small subsea electronic pod, dramatically reducing the installed footprint and payload of the system while maintaining an operating range of greater than 85% of that of the significantly larger HydroPACT 440 system. The coil array features an integrated cable for even greater reliability and is suitable for installation and operation on smaller Observation class ROVs.
Its interface utilises the well-known and intuitive DeepView for Windows™ software, running on a choice of topside computer (SDC10 as standard with the RMC10 option), making it an effortless transition moving from either of the existing TSS pipe and cable tracking products to the new HydroPACT 660E. This makes it incredibly cost-effective to switch between any of the products within the HydroPACT product family.
The HydroPACT 660E compliments the existing 440 as it addresses a market where size and weight is of absolute importance for use on smaller subsea vehicles, while the 440 is still the best choice if absolute range is critical. The new solution offering a single subsea pod significantly reduces size and weight of the payload making it even more attractive for smaller classes of ROV.
- Smaller (60%) and lighter (70%) coil array with a better drag coefficient suitable for inspection and observation class ROVs
- Smaller (65%) and lighter (60%) electronics installation
- Reduced power consumption of 40W
- Uses well-established, reliable and proven pulse induction technology
- Easy to use and known operation
- Gives accurate survey information regardless of vehicle heading
- Suitable for TMS launched systems without folding the coil assembly which means less risk of damaging the coil as well as fewer mechanical parts
- Operates the same as the 440, with no time consuming set-up or pre-operational calibration required
- Only one coil assembly to be fitted with optional extension cable available
- Improved operating temperature range due to redesigned electronics
- A single solution suitable for operations in high-current environments
- Provides reliable and high integrity data
- Intuitive interface not requiring highly trained technicians to use
- Simple installation