SATURN, from Teldyne TSS, is a world leading marine navigation system for surface applications. Built on TSS core fibre optic gyro technology giving unparalleled attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) performance. SATURN offers a fast alignment time of only 10 minutes, from switch-on.
It has been designed to address a market need for cost-effective products with competitive specifications for surface use including survey vessels, workboats and commercial shipping vessels. Based on proven FOG technology, and with no moving parts, SATURN is maintenance-free with high MTBF. It is available in three standard heading accuracy variants; 0.1° sec lat (SATURN10), 0.3° sec lat (SATURN30) and 0.5° sec lat (SATURN50).
Accurate atitude information is delivered through SATURN's roll/pitch capability (0.01° SATURN10 and 0.05° SATURN30/50)m and 5cm or 5% heave measurement.
All SATURN units are IMO approved and are WheelMark certified to the Marine Equipment Directive.
- Heading, pitch, roll, heave and velocity outputs
- Three model options; 0.1°, 0.3° and 0.5° sec lat accuracy
- Maintenance free with high MTBF
- IMO approved and WheelMark certified
- AHRS to INS upgrade functionality
- Robust aluminium construction, IP31-rated
- Fast alignment giving less down time, and more operational time
- Low power consumption compared to RLG alternatives
- Simple configuration and set up via TSS common embedded browser
- Based on the dependable Teledyne TSS FOG IMU