SATURN INS, from Teledyne TSS, is a world leading surface navigation system which offers enhanced unparalleled INS performance which builds on the TSS fibre optic gyro system by adding inertial navigation (INS) capability.
As with SATURN, it is available in three standard heading accuracy variants; 0.1° sec lat (SATURN10INS), 0.3° sec lat (SATURN30INS) and 0.5° sec lat (SATURN50INS).
Inertial position data is produced using an INS algorithm, within the firmware framework of SATURN whilst attitude data is delivered via ccurate roll and pitch performance of 0.01° (SATURN10INS) and 0.05° (SATURN30/50INS), and a have performance of 5cm or 5%.
The SATURN INS operates at its ultimate performance when connected to an accurate external sensor such as GPS. SATURN offers a fast alignment of only 10 minutes from switch-on.
All SATURN INS units are IMO approved and are WheelMark certified to the Marine Equipment Directive.
- Position, heading, pitch, roll, heave and velocity outputs
- Three model options; 0.1°, 0.3° and 0.5° sec lat accuracy
- Compatible with GPS, EM Log and DVL
- Maintenance free high MTBF
- IMO approved and WheelMark certified
- Robust aluminium construction, IP31-rated
- Fast alignment giving less down time, and more operational time
- Built in DVL calibration functionality
- Low power consumption compared to RLG alternatives
- Simple configuration and set up via TSS common embedded browser
- Based on the dependable Teledyne TSS FOG IMU